Thursday, June 30, 2011

2011 June Reading List

Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik – Some more interaction between characters instead of all that telling would have been nice. I liked the first book better. I won’t be following this series. 3/5 stars

The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan – I felt cheated by the reveal at the end. How am I supposed to empathize with a character I don’t even understand? 3/5 stars

Stories of Your Life: And Others by Ted Chiang – I liked most of the stories from the collections. Well written and very interesting. 4/5 stars

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan – Not thrilled about of switch of perspective to Mae’s POV. 3/5 stars

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery – Well, there was just about time for some serious reading. Nice, except for the ending. :( 3/5 stars (one star deducted for main character murder)

Hourglass by Myra McEntire – I’m a little embarrassed to admit I read this one. 2/5 stars

No comments: