Wednesday, July 31, 2013

2013 July Reading List

Soft Apocalypse  by Will McIntosh – I have some problems with some of the plot points, but the narration is haunting. 4/5 stars

Under the Dome by Stephen King – This book is way too big, too slow in places, has many characters that left me indifferent, and I didn’t care for the resolution.  4/5 stars

The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – I don’t know if it was because of the translation, but I didn’t care for it, neither the story nor the style.  3/5 stars

September Lights/The Watcher in the Shadow by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – The best book from Niebla trilogy. 4/5 stars

Crime on the Links by Agatha Christie – Christie’s books used to be fun when I was a kid but not anymore. I found it terribly naïve, silly, and over the top romantic. 3/5 stars

Too Many Curses by A. Lee Martinez - A funny little book. 3/5 stars

Plus a bunch of trashy novels I won’t bother to list, ha!

No comments: