Thursday, October 2, 2014

2014 August and September Reading List



This is a short list by my standards, especially since it covers two months, but vacation in August and then catching up with a lot of things in September limited my reading time a lot. Oh, and August is usually my YA month, so don't be surprised by these choices.

Free Agent (Grimm Agency #1) by J.C. Nelson – I was curious about this book because I’m critiquing another book of this author. It’s a fun book with a lot of magic and glitter, and great humor. 4/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard – I never cared for Alice in Wonderland, so I was a bit in two minds about starting reading this one. The first half of the book was all right, the narrator’s voice compelling enough without being annoying despite the cheesy romance, but at least it was hot. The second half, however, had too many instances that didn’t make sense. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – It started as a love story, which wouldn’t have been too bad if you’re into that sort of thing, I guess, but then everything was ruined when it tried to become sci fi. Both main characters sounding the same didn’t help either. 2/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis – I’m pretty sure the same theme has been done with adults instead of children. The way it is, it looks less believable and it didn’t work for me. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3) by – I felt like the story dragged and all those talks about feelings, duh! But I’m glad the series ended and everyone got their happy ending, well, almost… Brennan’s humor is still great! 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

No comments: