Saturday, January 31, 2009

Movie Review: Defiance







































*** MIGTH CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

Featuring: Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, Jamie Bell, Alexa Davalos

Genre: drama, war

Plot: Jews’ survival in a forest during war.

Acting: great

Drama: war, Jews, hiding in a forest, so plenty

Action: war scenes, attacks, etc. though it’s not the main part of the movie

Funny: some funny lines, it’s not really meant to be funny

Visuals: outstanding, that forest is amazing, makes me think of a Hallmark movie and that is a good thing

Soundtrack: appropriate and really nice

Official website: http://www.defiancemovie.com/

Comments: Let me say first that I don’t care for movie inspired by true stories, war drama, and especially Jewish war drama. This being said I only accepted to see this movie because it had Live Schreiber in it. I wasn’t expecting much and I definitely didn’t expect to like it. I’m glad I was proved wrong. The visuals are breathtaking, and I don’t mean by that gory but simply beautiful, I wouldn’t mind living in that forest too, the soundtrack just enough not to disturb but enhance the atmosphere, and the acting was solid, including Daniel Craig’s who I can’t say I liked much up until now. Their accents were way off but it didn’t bother me that much since I didn’t understand what they were saying anyway. And a bit of a nit-pick, no matter how good the movie is Liev Schreiber’s acting is still too good for it.

Rating: 8/10

Defiance Trailer

No comments: