Saturday, April 30, 2016

2016 April Reading List

The Iron King by Maurice Druon – Typical French court schemes and plotting. It felt like an installment of a bigger piece so good thing I bought the entire series. The Romanian edition has all the notes at the end and by the time I got to them I had forgotten what they were about so I didn’t bother to read them. 4/5 stars

The Strangled Queen by Maurice Druon – While I had some trouble adjusting to the writing style of the first book in the Accursed Kings series, this one read better and it had a tighter plot. 4/5 stars

The Poisoned Crown by Maurice Druon – I enjoyed the previous book more. There’s nothing to like about the MC in this one, and the plot seemed to wander and drag. 4/5 stars

The Royal Succession by Maurice Druon – Another good one with a strong plot and enjoyable and, most important, smart MC. 4/5 stars

No comments: