I wrote 5 short stories, 2 novellas, and almost finished a novel. It might not sound like much, but I think it's better than writing 20+ short stories. To this I'm not adding the dozen of RPG threads and about 50k in critique on CC.
6 Romanian short stories
- "Invazia", Nautilus, no. 60, January, 2013
- "Un zâmbet de milioane", Argos, no. 1, April, 2013
- "O familie de sclipicioşi", Helion Online, no. 30, March-April, 2013
- "Iluminare", Revista de Suspans, no. 7, April, 2013
- "Rivalitate", SRSFF, no. 5, June, 2013
- "Nu-mi călca pe Umbră, doar...", Fictiuni.ro, no. 2, November, 2013
one traditionally published Romanian short story collection
- "Efectul de nautil", Millennium Books, March 2013
one traditionally published Romanian novella (the English edition was self-published in 2012)
- "Instincte umane", Millennium Books, May 2013
- "Zombii: Cartea morţilor vii", editor Mircea Pricăjan, Millennium Books, March, 2013
- "Călătorii in timp. Antologie de povestiri SF", editor Antuza Genescu, Nemira, March, 2013
- "Ferestrele timpului. Antologie de ficţiuni speculative", editor Stefan Ghidoveanu, Tracus Arte, November 2013
one self-published English series, The Impaler Legacy, (3 novellas and 2 short stories)
- The Impaler's Revenge (The Impaler Legacy #1), April 2013
- Sweet Surrender (The Impaler Legacy #1.5), April 2013
- A Victory that Counts (The Impaler Legacy #2), August 2013
- Casualties of War (The Impaler Legacy #2.5), August 2013
- Order Restored (The Impaler Legacy #3), December 2013
I have short stories included in 3 upcoming anthologies, and 2 texts commissioned for another two.
So, I debuted with not one but two traditionally published books, which I guess entitles me to officially call myself a writer.
I also received the Encouragement Award from the European Science Fiction Society at Eurocon.
I was interviewed for Suspans.ro, Galileo Online, Argos Magazine, Revista de Suspans.
As far as reading goes, I barely managed to finish 75 books this year. Since getting a Kindle, I've been in a hurry to catch up with my reading, and this isn't really working for me anymore. When I got to the point that I actually felt guilty for not reading for several days in a row, I realized something wasn't right. Reading is supposed to be fun and not add even more stress to your daily life. From now on, I'm determined to enjoy what I'm reading and not worry about the length of my to-be-read list.
Health was no better or worse than usual despite the unusual, cold summer.
Part of the highlights of the year was the two week vacation spent in Croatia and organized by yours truly.
Oh, and we got a new kitten, which meant we had to get a tiny Christmas tree in fear that she might ruin it. Both the kitten and the tree are fine. :)
See you next year!