Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Impaler Legacy Reviews


A whole bunch of new reviews has appeared now that The Impaler Legacy series is complete. It makes me so happy to see that those who decided to stick with it weren't disappointed in the end.

The Impaler's Revenge (The Impaler Legacy, #1)

Back stories slowly and naturally unfold to fill in the details of the characters’ lives. I thought the plot was a fresh take on the “vampires among us” theme, interesting and entertaining. The author brings out a different telling of the history of Vlad Tepes. I found myself liking the main characters and at the conclusion of this story I wanted to know more about them and what was going to happen to them. -  Karen 

I like that the female lead, Liana, can take care of and defend herself to some extend. She isn't weak and needy, like some female leads too often are. I like Max a lot, and wish there had been more of him. - Portia

The story line that started from the first page continued at a great pace, with a mastered skill of under current story lines, Ms. Visan threw some curveballs that I didn't see coming, which shocked the crap out of me. The biggest one was just before this novel ended, and it left me saying "WTH?!? You can't leave me hanging like that!!" -  Renee

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a more “grown up” type of Vampire book. Anyone who enjoys a good book with political twist and the added benefit of having Vampires involved would enjoy this book. - Melanie 

Sweet Surrender (The Impaler Legacy, #1.5)  

I really liked the story, because it captures the first moments between Liana and Jesse and his love confession. At first, I was skeptical about this character and I did not appreciate him as much as I do now, but he turned out to be a great and mature guy who would not hesitate to risk his life to take care of the persons he loves, even skipping the fact that he hates vampires. The bond that encloses both makes them more human, more sensitive, in a world where the thirst for blood and power is ready to conquer all. Also, together are stronger, but are they strong enough?  - Diana

It tells the heartwarming story of the romance between Liana and Jesse. It's a nice short story great for reading in a waiting room or anytime you have an hour free. Tracy

A Victory that Counts (The Impaler Legacy, #2)  

This was a great continuation of The Impaler Legacy. I really enjoyed the interactions between the characters. I was frustrated by Liana and Jesse's interactions. I felt that they seemed to be drifting apart. I was definitely intrigued by the New Breeds. I wanted to know who was creating them and for what purpose. The warlike setting was interesting, and the torture scene was not for the faint of heart. Overall, this was a great book. It was easy to read and well written. -  Tracy

I love the parallel worlds in this series, where humans coexist with vampires. And I love the introduction of a third vampire species in this book--a new, super-enhanced vampire. But after the first book I was anticipating more romance between characters--more passion and angst--which seemed like a natural progression. Instead, the love scenes were behind closed doors, leaving me wanting more. -  Kelli

Casualties of War (The Impaler Legacy, #2.5)  

You MUST read this story before you start the third part of the series, Order Restored, because it contains precious, vital information to understand the plot. I loved this one very much, despite the bad news I encountered about my favorite characters. This is the moment when the stakes are highest and every decision can make them win or lose the battle.  - Diana

Again it is a wonderful short story, just right for an hour of reading. It keeps your attention and is well written. It has a cliffhanger that leaves you craving more. I can't wait for the next book. - Tracy
 
Order Restored (The Impaler Legacy, #3)  

I loved this book. Again I really enjoyed the interactions of the characters. The twists and turns this book took me on were astounding. I wasn’t sure which side Max would end up on in the end or if Liana would betray Max to save Jesse. Would Liana even be able to save Jesse? This was a great book that was well written, easy to read, and had just the right amount of action and romance. - Tracy
 

As a conclusion, I really enjoyed Ioana Visan's fantasy series, an original story about vampires, with attractive characters and thrilling action. I was hooked from the first pages, due to the author's writing style and the way she created this unique universe that appears so real for the readers. - Diana  

More reviews can be found on Goodreads and Amazon, but, of course, I could always use more. So if you want to make me a great Christmas present, write a review of one of my books. :)

No comments: