Wednesday, September 30, 2015

2015 September Reading List



Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold – This must be my second best favorite book from the Vorkosigan saga, right after The Warrior’s Aprentice. It’s less crazy, and more disturbing, otherwise it would be a 5-star read. 4/5 stars

Captain Vorpatril's Alliance by Lois McMaster Bujold Reading a bit out of order here, but Ivan is one of my favorite characters right after Aral. Not exactly the way I would have expected him to settle down, still not entirely wrong and he rose to the challenge. LOL 4/5 stars

A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold – Watching Miles planning his marriage proposal like the boarding of a ship was a lot of fun. Plus, me likes political plotting and scheming quite a bit. 4/5 stars

Winterfair Gifts by Lois McMaster Bujold – Rather sweet even if we’re kept a bit distant from the main action. 4/5 stars

Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold – Going back to the books I’ve skipped in the series, this one starts awfully depressing and keeps going like this for a while before getting smart again and even fun. 4/5 stars

Komarr by Lois McMaster Bujold – Because of the boring beginning and the whole marital drama that is usually very low on my interest list, this may be my least favorite book in the series. 4/5

Diplomatic Immunity by Lois McMaster Bujold – I fear this series is turning into a policier more than sci fi. I get it that Miles is getting old(er) but still... 4/5

No comments: