Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Two stories and one interview in Revista de Suspans

I've been wanting to write a story for Revista de Suspans (Suspense Magazine) ever since its launch last fall. With other magazines, unless they pay, I'm usually like "okay, let's give it a couple of months and see how it fares, and then maybe I'll write something for it." It wasn't the case here as I was already familiar with Mircea Pricajan's work from Suspans.ro, so it was only a matter of time for finding the time to write the story and, of course, finding the right idea for it. It looks like the waiting paid off because in the April issue of Revista de Suspans you'll find not just one story but two plus an interview featuring... me.

1. "Iluminare" (Illumination) - Romanian short story written especially for Revista de Suspense. Initially, the story was supposed to include more fantasy elements, but sometimes what you write on the paper (or in this case type) comes out a little differently than what you have planned. After the first draft was done, I considered re-writing the story to get it back on the right track, but then it risked turning out too much like Howgarts, and I kind of liked it the way it was. Besides, I don't write only sci fi and fantasy, I write suspense and adventure too, and oh, you should read my spicy romance, tee-hee!

2. "The Chase" - English short story, included in "Blue Moon Cafe Series: Where Shifters Meet for Drinks". If you like it and want to read more stories set in the same universe, you can get the short story collection here or check out the various links at the right.

3. Interview - It's about "Zombii: Cartea mortilor vii" (Zombies: The Book of the Living Dead), and it features most of the authors included in the anthology (you can order the book here). While reading it, I noticed that my answers are the shortest so if you really want to know how this writer's mind works I guess you'll have to read my stories. *grins* Oh, and check out Roxana's Brinceanu's answer no. 6. It gave me quite a giggle!

No comments: