Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Double Release: The Strength of a Heart & The Night between Heaven and Hell

It's a big day today! We're celebrating a double release.

The first one is The Strength of a Heart, the second book in The Stolen Wings series.

The beginning of The Strength of a Heart was written in January 2012, right after I finished the first draft of The Weight of a Wing. When I went back to polish The Weight of a Wing, the sequel was shelved because there was no point hurrying to write it when the first book in the series wasn’t even out yet.

Fast forward to 2015. The Weight of a Wing was published in the spring and, despite my fears, it became my best-selling title. The readers liked it, several contacting me to inquire about the sequel. I think I frustrated quite a few when I told them I had to write another book in the Broken People series first, and I’m sorry for that. The Strength of a Heart surprised me because it turned out to be more of a love story than initially planned, but since urban fantasy walks hand in hand with romance more often than not, that wasn’t a problem in the end.

The book is available here and to celebrate its release, The Weight of a Wing is discounted to $0.99 for a week.

The second title released today, The Night between Heaven and Hell is the second installment in The Devil You Know series.

While checking my files, I noticed I began writing The Night between Heaven and Hell in the fall of 2014. I wrote about a page, I only had an idea and not all the details of the plot, and then I put it aside and worked on something else. Then in the spring of 2015, the first installment in The Devil You Know series was released, and I started to think about finishing the story. It was actually on my 2015 to do list, but with all the projects I was working on and the series I was juggling, I didn’t get around to do it and I didn’t want to sacrifice my Christmas vacation just to achieve that goal.

The right time for The Night between Heaven and Hell came in February 2016, and it was a good exercise to get to know David and Andrew, our resident demon and angel, who we will meet again in the next installment of the series, which I promise will be longer.

The story is available here. Both new titles are available for free via Kindle Unlimited.

I hope you'll like them. Leave a review after you read them, please. Thanks!

No comments: