Wednesday, March 4, 2015

2015 February Reading List

Between the Devil and Ian Eversea by Julie Anne Long – Well, yeah, once a year I do happen to read some romance too. I got tricked into getting this one because of the cover, silly me, and the story wasn’t that bad, though I didn’t care all that much for the heroine. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

What I Did For a Duke by Julie Anne Long – Of course I had to know what it led to the events in the book above, he he, and it was fun. Actually, it’s a better story than the other one despite the awful cover. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

Carswell’s Guide to Being Lucky by Marissa Meyer – Rather fun, too bad it was so short. 3/5 stars

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel – A bit too literary for my taste, and the sci fi element is way too weak. If I cared to read about Hollywood starts’ lives, I’d get a gossip magazine. I don’t need to get that type of info from my sci fi books. Hmpf. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman – Not quite sold on the central idea of the library, but other than that it was an enjoyable enough ride. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

Red Rising by Pierce Brown – Rather violent, but well written for a debut novel. It took me a while to get into it, still when the MC said he was enjoying the game, I realized I did too. 4/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

Delirium by Lauren Oliver – Sort of an Equilibrium focused on love. I prefer the Bale version. It occurred to me I’d rather read YA novels written from a boy’s POV. They tend to be less whiny and insecure. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

Hover by Melissa West – Finishing this series since the last book is out. Compared to other YAs, the tone of this series read very light despite the whole drama surrounding the characters, so when there was a sex scene, although tastefully done and glossed over, it felt more appropriate for a different type of book. And I never understood why they had to share a room at all. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository 

Collide by Melissa West – The last book in The Taken trilogy is a lot of running, fighting, killing, and kissing. The end game seemed idealistic, but naïve, and the big baddie needed more development. For teens, this might work, but as an adult, I had to shake my head several times. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

No comments: